Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Smoking or Non?

Well tonight was just exciting and funny on so many levels. First off I must say that I am exactly one day away from viewing the masterpiece that is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. (darn it--I just peed my bed cause I got so excited and antsy)...

But the heart of this blog is based in the fact that I have a friend named Kaleb who is going to create a sanctuary of a writing room with me. We first started in on the concept based on the fact that us cool Joes need a place to gather and hang together. So we thought a smoking room was fitting. Problem being... I don't smoke and I really would rather not start. Plus I'm not sure that is something we should promote. So we were discussing the heart of the matter and it came to be that a writing room was much needed (because I am writing my children's novel and I need a place to do it in, and for he... Uhh I told him he needed to write a book too). So, I assessed the home and realized... Hum we have extra rooms at my parents, that's it... Ma and Pa Shaw's is the place to create it.

Ideas thus far (please post any further concepts ya'll figure out for us):

*A sign on the door saying DND
*There should be some mild taxidermy going on in the room. We love animals and all, but every manly room has a dead animal's head shown somewhere.
*Cherry wood panels/any type of wood addition will man up the place.
*An awesome writing desk to pen ideas
*A globe cause we need to look wordly
*A tea kettle to remember my British roots and to mild the place down some.
*A pipe to be used as a tribute to LOTR, Kaleb's smoking habits, and Homes.
*A cool old styled lamp cause all great writers have to look like they have had things passed down to them.
*Shelves with books that inspire creativity.
*A chocolate brown wall. Cause every manned up place needs one.
*Someone to bring in cookies to us when we are deep in discussion over the power of the written word.

Ok... This isn't suppose to sound really serious, but I do like the idea of it and I hope that something transpires of it. Welcome to my world of chaos and excitement. And hey if it doesn't work out for me, at least my dad will have a cool office to work in when he's tired of sitting in front of the TV.

Wait maybe I should talk to the parents about this one... More to follow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off you need a big comfortable brown leather chair, so that you can sit and think. a couch of some sort so that you can take naps after a long night of writing, Dr. Seuss kept weird hours when he was writing a book and often slept on a couch. A mirror, so when your doing illustrations you can make different faces and be able to better draw them. Cory's number so that when you get stuck you can call him and he can try to assist you( all it will cost is a credit in your books). Candy cigarettes so that you can have something to smoke even if you don't smoke. and a little fridge, just cause that would be cool.