Wednesday, November 09, 2005

That's Entertainment...

So here's the deal. I really love movies and I love TV. There's no denying it. So before Harry Potter emerges and consumes all my time and entertainment energy I am going to give my review of this nights time of entertainment:

The Apprentice: Martha Stewart...

We loved Howie at the start. Husband, stock guy turned business man, then apprentice candidate. But oh how times they have changed. Now we look to Jim as the front runner for the men and I say... Hummm, what are we coming to. I liked the idea of the QVC Comp (very Trump-esk), but it marginalizes the other contestants and exalts the personalities on camera. Let's try to do more tasks that focus on a full team effort--The Dog Auction was a bit of genius.

Prime...

Ok, I had no expectation for this movie, and to be honest I just felt like going to the movies tonight, but I actually liked it. I appreciated its perspective on relationships and the complexity of the role of family, love, and work. It ends on a good note, and I liked the twisted optimistic perspective that relationships continue and evolve. Ok... With that said, Uma Thurman is hot. I don't normally make these bold statements, but seriously guys... People actually have questioned me on this before, and I always point to her in Batman, but after this... Come on. She's kind of amazing.

So tonight's entertainment: I like it, I like it a lot.

No comments: