Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Movie Time...

Cheaper by the Dozen 2...

This was a very light-hearted movie that tried to emulate the previous film, but in my estimation wasn't as successful as the first dozen... It was sort of like day old donuts, good, but just not as light and refreshing.

I am in love with Bonnie Hunt for her realistic, calm portrayal of a supportive wife and mother, Steve Martin was ok... But that Eugene Levy guy! Bad casting. He is good and believable as the nerdy character, but the strict--I'm-gonna-run-my-house-like-the-military-and-beat-the-pants-off-you-dad attitude was very unbelievable--and I say that in the bad way.

There were some funny moments, in particular in the movie theatre when the dads were together! FUNNY STUFF! Who saw that one coming?

Overall: This is a definite candidate for a Rice Cake movie with no Diet Coke, and just a touch of peanut butter.

No comments: