Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Movie Time...

Rumor has it...

Yeah, yeah. I watch a lot of movies, but still. I guess this movie wasn't that well acclaimed but honestly I liked it. (Maybe Farah has made me all sappy or something) This was a good movie to teach on forgiveness and restoration. The acting was just average, except for some of the heightened emotional scenes where Mark Ruffalo flexed his acting muscles and showed he's leading man material. The story has been around since well.. 1964, but still, it was an updated version of it.

I liked that there was a central theme of love and complex relationships... It also had an unforeseen ending (it is always good when you sit in the theatre and wonder, "This could end 7 different ways... which way will the choose." And then they give you something a little true to life, and yet a little Hollywood glamour added for satisfaction of mass audiences.).

Good premise, and although it was a little far fetched and lacked the more comedic tones I was expecting, many of the elements read true to life. I liked it. But it's not the smash hit comedy of the season.

Overall: Rice cakes and peanut butter with a full glass of Diet Coke.

No comments: