Friday, May 15, 2009

Documentaries and Pizza

I just saw a movie preview for this ridiculous movie called Pizza. It is going to the top of our Queue, so I suggest you check it out. Tonight we watched "Wordplay" the documentary on crossword puzzles. It is my favorite one in the genre (not that I've seen a ton) but I think it is really interesting. So I got to thinking about documentaries I would like to see made.

5. The Life of Cheez-Its.

My favorite cracker snack being shown on my favorite medium would be a real treat. I would volunteer to talk about how Cheez-Its have impacted my life. Suz would probably join in too.

4. Scrabble Players.

We, or they, are a unique breed of people. I think there are some killer Scrabble Tournaments and people who would rock our socks off. The idea of it makes me rather excited.

3. Opening a Broadway Show

It would be neat to see the makings of a show from the get go. Not the flashy stuff as much as the behind the scenes sort of stuff. I know people would like to watch.

2. Small Town.

I think people are fascinating when viewed in a micro-environment. Imagine a town of 300 or less. Now make a movie about their lives and the dilemmas they face. I think you have a golden story there.

1. A Year in the Life of a Public School Teacher.

If they could get a real teacher to be REAL in front of cameras it would be amazing. People would be shocked at what goes on in classes across America, mainly seeing what teachers have to deal with in our culture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great documentary ideas! I would be very interested.

Fauf

Anonymous said...

You ever notice how when you reference me in your blogs, it starts up a firestorm of comments? and yet when you dont, it mostly just falls flatter than the blowers daughter?
~Parker