Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Glimpse into the Future.

Today I felt pretty exhausted, even though it was a shortened day. I think I have a lot of projects that have to be completed before next week so I was feeling overwhelmed.

At any rate I look forward to Monday as I will have a day off for Memorial Day. In the past Memorial Day was the welcome mat to Summer Vacation, but in this day and age we use Memorial Day as a glimpse into the future (Sadly Labor Day is the reverse, the release of Summer's Days Past). So this weekend I plan to live it up and enjoy some wonderful elements of things to come:

5. Go on a bike ride.

I plan to ride my bike at least once a week this summer. I want to enjoy this wonderful spot we live in and ride 5 minutes this way and that way to every important location in Santa Maria.

4. Mini-Vacation on the Road.

Fauf will be shocked by this comment as I have made no reference to it, but summer means going places and seeing new things. Therefore this weekend I will take a little trip to somewhere wonderful. I'll be sure to take the Fauf along as places are so much better with the company of a Fauf.

3. Sleep In.

Yes, I will sleep in. I will not wake up at ridiculous hours in the morning to sit in front of a computer and check people's Facebook statuses. If for some reason I don't sleep in on Saturday I will watch the Sushi Pack on CBS.

2. TV.

During the summer you get accustomed to watching ridiculous TV. I love my Judge Judy, Price is Right, and yes, even the first five minutes of the Young and the Restless. Daytime TV screams, "Look at me! I don't have to be at work! HA!"

1. Masters.

I still have to submit my Master's paper (I know, I know, but now the deadline is looming like Rumplestilskin in a corner), so I will write one more chapter this weekend. That way this summer I have my official degree under my belt and can not worry about paperwork slip ups.

Summer, come hither. I yearn for ye. Maybe the Fauf will post about "Summer Ig and Fauf"... There it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very excited at this glimpse into the future. I can't wait to explore life with you!

Fauf

Anonymous said...

Three cheers and double lattes to
the Summer Shaws! Have a great Memorial weekend.


Old Man River

Anonymous said...

Three cheers and double lattes to
the Summer Shaws! Have a great Memorial weekend.


Old Man River

Donna said...

Nathan said today that he was looking forward to Summer vacation so he could get up 4 a.m. and watch PBS kids. I don't think you and Nathan would make good roomies.