Thursday, May 07, 2009

How many jobs you got, mon?

Today I was very exhausted from my allergies. On days like today I wish I didn't have to work out in the boon-docks, so I got to thinking. What would I do if I wasn't a teacher in Casmalia?

In addition to this allergy riddled man, I just learned other teachers now mysteriously think my job is desirable (Unlike last year when they were given the chance to take the job and many scoffed saying “I wouldn’t go out there.” But what with teachers not having their jobs, everyone wants to come out here.). So if others get their wishes (Which I just learned they won't), I may need to find a new job. Here is my list of fun jobs I would do great at:

6. Biographer.
(aparently this is hard to photograph)
I would love to interview people about their life stories and write up some intense biographies. I think people's stories are so interesting and the tales they think are mundane are actually quite telling. It is always interesting to hear how a person got to where he/she is today. To tell the story of that would be fantastic. Perk: Meeting amazing people. Drawback: Dealing with an editor.

5. Personal Assistant/Butler


I think I would make someone a good butler. I am loyal, hard working and it woudl be fun to not be in charge for once. While it is the opposite of many of the jobs I have listed I think it would suit a different side of me well. But don't call me Mr. Belvidere. Perk: Focusing on others. Drawback: Focusing on others.

4. Director.

I think there must be some need I have to be in control of everything, because I love the idea of being the coordinator and director of a movie. I think I have a pretty clear (get ready for it Fauf) POV, so that would help me focus on what I wanted to tell. I think it would utilize all my skills. Perk: Having a finished product I loved. Drawback: 7 day work weeks.

3. Actor.

I know. He is the first person who comes up when you Google "actor"... Weird I know!
I know a lot of people might say this, but perhaps if I would have gotten more involved in drama as a kid I would have done something like it. For the record a majority of the teachers I know would make good actors because they have to put on a show every day in their classrooms. Perk: Being someone I'm not. Drawback: Selling out and doing commercials.

2. News Anchor.

I think it would be really interesting to host the evening or (better yet) the morning news. I love to present ideas to people and I like to put my own spin on the world around me. Being a news anchor would certainly do the trick. Perk: Knowing all the news. Drawback: Having to be up at 3:30 in the morning or away from dinner.

1. Singer.

Not like an American Idol or anything. I like to sing as is, but I think the greatest gig would be as a backup singer for someone insane like Celine. Could you imagine how fun it would be to stand behind them night after night and just belt out your own part. I could dig it for sure. Perk: Hanging with the Dion. Drawback: Living on the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best choice: Director... of Fauf

Morgan Jane said...

Michael, you're all confused. It's: Perk: Living on the road. Drawback: Hanging with the Dion.

And I'm pretty sure being a News Anchor on the Today Show is one of the coolest jobs on the planet. (Except for the pesky early morning...)