Thursday, May 14, 2009

Make These!

I read a lot of fairy tales and folk stories to my class. Often I come across one that I think would be good for Disney to do (I mean, they do fairy tales well--with a Disney slant, but still.). Just a few years ago I was telling my preschool buddies they needed to make a Frog Prince movie and wah lah-- The Princess and The Frog will be released at Christmas. So here is my list of fairy tales to be told on the Silver Screen through the Magic of Disney...


So, here it is:

5. Rumplstilskin.

I'm sure they would change the phrase, "The Devil told you that!" or they'd just turn it into some song.

4. Anansi the Spider Man

There are some great stories about this clever little spider.

3. Little Red Riding Hood

I think this story could be adapted in an interesting way to make the characters more realistic and interesting.

2. Hansel and Gretel

This one lends itself to the longish story. Plus I think a dumb witch is always popular.

1. Rapunzel

This is one of the few princesses Disney has ignored. Maybe because of the scandelous nature of the back story. Do your homework.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Disney has not attempted these stories for good reason: they're all really scary or scandelous! haha

Fauf