Saturday, May 09, 2009

Morgen's Day in Court.

Well, she's getting her day. Not in court, but on my blog. She wants to know the 10 (gasp) books I plan on reading. Now, unlike Michael Parker, who must read all 7 Harry Potter books before Halloween (tick tock, tick tock), I do not have a timeline for reading these books. In all honesty since being married I rarely read. I need to work on that. But in a realistic sort of way I must confess I may not finish this list until I am 62 (my backwards age). So here it is Morgen/Morgan:

10. If You Take A Mouse to the Movies.

Ok. This is number 10 because I have read the whole "series" (LOL) but still have yet to discover the complex plot twists of what happens when you take a mouse to the movies. My guess is he won't be satisfied. You go Laura Numberoff.

9. Narnia: The Last Battle.

Sin. I haven't read this one. So I will read it in its entirety before I am 62.

8. Tuck Everlasting.

I may have read this years ago, but I don't remember it. I think I will pick it up and find out why this family is everlasting once more/for the first time.

7. Peter Pan.

I married the Fauf. The fact that I have only read the picture book versions may be a sin. So I shall read it.

6. Alice in Wonderland.

Yup, I read this one Sophomore Year of college for a Children's Lit class, but I think I will read it again. I enjoy the cracked natured of this work, plus with a movie in the works it will be fun to relive the magic.

5. A Christmas Carol.

I read 2/3's of this at Christmas and then twelfth night came along and I put it away. My mom and her superstitions got to me. So I will pick this up in December and finish it off.

4. Ender's Game.

I am reading this one to support Kevin Baldizon. He claims it to be a great book and I don't doubt him. The only thing holding me back from digging deeper is May through June 11th (aka school). But I think I will try to get into it soon. I did enjoy the first few chapters I read.

3. The Shack.

I have been meaning to "read" this for awhile (notice the Kevin Balidzon quotes around the word read). I will pick up "a copy" of "the book" from my parents where I will liste--I mean read it. Should be fun to see God as a big, black lady. Wait? Is that sacrilegious? We'll find out.

2. Ultimate X-Men.

I have had this amazing coffee table book for about 3-5 years now. I love it and I just set into reading it. I think it is going to be funny to read the soap opera that is the tale of the X-Men.

1. The Fauf's Book.

I am very excited for her to self-publish this summer. I am going to work with her to do some chapter art and I know she'll have a hit story. Get ready, cause this Christmas guess what you're getting for a gift? You bettcha! Excited? Yup I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I support your list. I will even assist you by reading a few of them to you before bedtime. Peter Pan or Alice or Mouse to the Movies would be great read alouds.

Fauf

Anonymous said...

I will Purchase 6 Fauf Books as soon as they are available! Also you and Fauf are welcome to our CD of The
Shack,as needed. XOXO Old Man River and His Bride From The Bayou