Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bugga Boo

I need to rant a little. So here is a list of things that bother me, disturb me, or just make me angry.

10. Belly Button Lint
Not that I have an excess of it, but I just don't get how it gets there and why it haunts so many. Honestly, if we were in a nudist colony would we have belly button lint? Well if not, we would have Austen Hough to deal with. So you'd have to weigh which is worse.

9. Spotty Internet

I mean, can't we just let everyone have the Internet? Having to pay, or hunt for a neighbor's unblocked WiFi is just ridiculous. I think all the companies need to get together and come up with a way of providing a basic FREE Internet service, just like analog television. FREE is good. I get 4 channels. Give me 10 free web sites per day. I'm just saying. It only makes sense.


8. Bugs.

I hate all of these little bugs hatching around me. Not literally around me, but in the different locations I find myself at there seem to be a lot of bugs. At work there is an infestation of gnats. At home we have seen a large array of spiders (Technically arachnids, but still). I got in my car yesterday and was greeted by a moth like creature! Everywhere I look--BUGS!

7. Macadamia Nuts

Every time I see a good cookie I am always a bit nervous that it may contain traces of the macadamia nut. I mean, from what I understand I am deathly allergic to them, and I don't want to risk it. So the first bite of a cookie is always a bit nerve racking, when in reality it should be one of the highlights of my day. Boo on you!

6. Lingering Smells

After a heat wave everything stinks. From the Junior Higher at the school to the trash can waiting to be collected. I can't stand the smell of the day after heat. Gross. I think it could be rectified with some Febreeze, but that's a whole lot of work. I suppose I could say I hate heat waves, but the smell is somehow worse--as it is inescapable.

5. Running

I have never been a runner (consult my fourth grade report card). I blame part of it on my childhood asthma, but now I try, and then I try again and I never NEVER like it. I like the idea of it. But the actual act of it is a joke. I always try to challenge myself, but I have no perseverance. I set mini goals and then say, "Ah, who cares?" and I stop running. I even try to get motivated by telling others. Then I just say "Eh." Call me Joy Behar, but "So what? Who cares?" I sure don't care for running.

4. BTSA

This is the worst government funded program. Well, I do like some aspects of it. But if I were in charge things would be run VERY different. I hate all the paper work and all the run around I get. The program is good in theory but doesn't meet the needs of each teacher. More often than not teachers have a negative perspective on BTSA, and I sadly am one of them.

3. MIA Parents

Urg! Sometimes I want to scream as parents forget their duty to their children. I have observed this one parent in particular who pretends to care about their (see I'm not saying he or she) kid, but in reality their child always gets the back burner. Boo. Especially when your child is under the age of 7 I, as a teacher of young kids, expect them to pay closer attention to the fact that they are in desperate need of help. Now if only we could give parents Detentions I think the world of academia would improve immensely.

2. Guns

There. I said it. I don't like them. They made my list. Call me a Bad Republican, an Extreme Democrat. Whatever you will. I don't like them. Sure I see there place in Law Enforcement. I see their use in some cases, but I still don't like them.

1. Lists
Just kidding, I couldn't think of one for my number one gripe today!

There it is. Sorry no pictures, ran out of time--well I woke up this morning and added some. So there! Woot, woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess if your list of things you like is ridiculous, then I should have not been surprised to see your list of things you hate also ridiculous!

Fauf