Sunday, April 26, 2009

Events to Plan.

Again, consider this tomorrow's post.

Summer must be near (one 32 more days of school left). I say summer is near because all I want to do is throw some great party for the people I know. I normally don't get this urge until the mid-summer or during a long break. But the feeling is here now. So here are the top 7 parties I'd love throw...

7. A Masquerade.
Never been to one, but they seem freakishly interesting. Though I am always fearful of someone being poisoned at the events. Perhaps that's why I never went.

6. A Cheese Party.

Only foods that go well with cheese or have cheese in them would be allowed. The Fauf's Dream would then come true.

5. A Cake Party.

I love cake. I love white cake with white frosting, but I always would like to branch out in my cake tasting. Therefore a party devoted to different cakes would be great. Chocolate, red velvet, vanilla, yellow, strawberry, Funfetti, and more... Though I'm not sure Trainer Bob would like me indulging in all these cakes, it sure would be great to try them all.

4. A Disney Party.

We would watch Disney Movies and determine what character you were most like... It would be like The Beast's Library... but better. Then we would play Disney Trivial Pursuit and determine who is The Prince or Princess of Disney for the Day. That person would get to then pick the first movie and get a certificate declaring the day in their name.

3. A Surprise Party.
I'd love to select one person to honor for something, it doesn't have to be a birthday, but just the idea of planning something for a particular person in secret is great fun. At the party I would love to play traditional party games and events. We'd play Pin the Tale on the Donkey, tape a word to your back and guess what it is, maybe a pinata, and obviously there would be cake and ice cream. Oh, it would be great. Now to pick the unsuspecting honoree.

2. A Survivor Party.
It would be fun to relive the magic of the Survivor games I use to put on. I love the idea of outwitting and outlasting, the outplaying part is pretty fun too.

1. A Murder Mystery Party.

It has been too many years since I have hosted one. I need to do it. This summer after I've submitted my last paper to Dr. Larson I'll get crackin' on it. I am thinking the Manor is a great place for a spooky night of craftiness. Ooo, I'm getting excited already!

After writing this I have decided I need to either:
A) Have kids so I can throw them cool themed-out birthday parties.
B) Open a business where I can throw parties for others.
C) Keep a journal of ideas so I can give them to other to use so I don't end up spending money on this stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in favor of all your parties. I wonder for the sake of time and money, maybe we could combine ALL the parties and make it one epic masquerade, cheesy, sweet, Disney, surprise, mysterious party (I feel I left one out).

Fauf

Anonymous said...

Yes, they all are appealing, especially those with food included.
How about starting a Party of the Month Club?