Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ig on the Go

With the onset of School I am reminded that I would have loved to go somewhere amazing on Spring Break. In reality I am very happy that we decided to stay home, I needed the rest and time to just be here in Santa Maria to catch my breath before the end of the school year. But this morning I felt this urge to be in some amazing hotel in a far off land (probably for the free continental breakfasts). So today I will entertain the masses with my list of places I wish to visit. Today's order is organized by likelihood and desire, so some state side areas are ranked above flying over the drink.

10. Fiji

I know this may come as a shock to some, but during my high school years I grew fascinated with Fiji. In fact I was crowned the King of Fiji my Junior year. There were signs put up around the school and I was given a crown. There. That could be the secret of the month. But at any rate, since then Fiji has always seemed like a magical place. So I'd love to be there, even if I had to sit on the beaches and "sun".

9. Belize.

No, not in Noelle's tribe styled camp. But in those resort hotels they advertise on Wheel of Fortune. That looks pretty amazing to me. I really like the idea (as stated in the Alaskan Cruise) of going to the outdoors but having all of the luxuries of the indoors. That works for me. The hotels advertised there are at ridiculous costs, but I think they would lend themselves to greatness.

8. Cairo, Egypt.

While my mother may argue that Egypt is "a dirty place." I still have a desire to go there. I blame 6th grade history. Ms. Frasier made the history too interesting. So history is one element and element two is we all know aliens were responsible for the pyramids, now its just a matter of finding them. I have a feeling if I were to go to Cairo I would be able to find some aliens lurking around the tombs of the pharaohs. I tend to see outrageous things everywhere, just ask Parker.

7. Orlando, Florida.

I know this one is totally expected, but I would love to see Disney World and Harry Potter World. Though I do fear we'd be stepping into a Home Alone 2 situation, rain, cheap hotel, etc. But overall if the Shaws do it, it will be done right. Need I say more?

6. Tokyo Disney.

Now to most of you you sit there and scoff at me for including a Disney (or two) on the list. But I say to each his own baby! I would love to go here. Not only would it be fascinating to explore Tokyo through the eyes of a mouse, but it would also be fun to be the minority tourist at a Disney Park (wait, maybe I can do that just by going to Anaheim).

5. Alaskan Cruise

Now, I know this doesn't quite fit my category, but I'm the author so deal with it. After talking with my dad a few years back and now Jon and Morgen I believe the Alaskan Cruises are perfect for me. As referenced in my Fiji response, a warm, sunny beach isn't always my favorite option. Therefore a cruise to the beauty of the outdoors (with ice) while on a floating hotel is a win win situation. Plus I could hunt down that Palin and tell her we dressed up as her and McCain for Halloween.

4. England.

I don't care where in the country, London, Sussex, Essex, North or South... but England. I know I have been there before, but that makes me want to go again. I know it has something to do with my roots. I simply loved being there and would love to go back now that I am a little older and more interested in tea.

3. Paris, France.

No not the bossy girl, the city. This has nothing to do with Gilmore Girls, but I am interested in visiting the city. Just yesterday Farah and I were talking about Old Stephers and Martin selling their cottage in France. There's one more closed door to the French. I would love to spend a week in Paris just observing and exploring. Fauf would be a great companion as she would giggle with delight over the selections of cheeses.

2. Rome, Italy

I know Fauf will be delighted to see this one on the list. I have yet to walk the streets of Rome and as husband to the Fauf I feel I must. It seems like a magical land filled with art, pasta, and romance. Well those are three things I really love, so I will keep this one at the top of the list. Well I guess it is also the home of the Coliseum and the Pantheon, but I'll take pasta over pantheons any day.

1.Washington D.C.

I have yet to be there (cough 11) but someday I (cough 11) might get to go there (cough 11). I think it would be fantastic to finally see all the monuments and historical sites I've studies all my life. Maybe I'll be able to go on a day when Abortion or Harry Potter is being protested and I'll walk in a protest and make the 5:30 News with Katie Couric. That would be fun. Though I'm not sure Harry Potter is protested that often, and chances are I'm on the wrong side of the argument.

Well Orkelberries, there you have it. Happy Trails!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And while you're in France you could go to Disneyland Paris!

~V

Anonymous said...

Long live the King of Fiji! You could
easily hit England and France on one trip and, with a little more time, the
splendors of Rome... XOXO From
Been There and Done That... and
Would Love To Do It Again

Brittany Mae said...

Well I didn't go to Tokyo Disneyland, but I did go to Tokyo Disneysea and it was pretty fun! Next time I go to Japan I'm definately going to Tokyo Disneyland:)

Anonymous said...

Why did we buy a house???

Fauf