Friday, April 24, 2009

Hobbies.

Though Farah claims I create time that doesn't exist (see dates I have planned for her), I never seem to have enough time to invest into these indulgent hobbies I dream about. Yes, I do a lot of things now: I blog, watch movies, skim through the pages of Entertainment Weekly, go to movies, and watch a few TV shows.

But I wonder what I would do if I were more disciplined with my time or had a few more windows open up... Here is the Top 10 Things I would do if could only I discipline myself:

10. Knot Up.
Learn how to tie all of those knots Boy Scouts tie. This would just make me a better person, and a safer one when I go sailing.

9. Appleseed.

Plant trees all over the states like Johnny Appleseed. This just sounds iconic so I'd like to invest time into it.

8. The Arts.
Debut a gallery of my artwork. I'd love to paint a great series or two to display and have people consider. Visual Arts are amazing how people interpret them differently and like or dislike.

7. Build a tree house.

I've always wanted one. There were never any trees to build in, but I did make blueprints for ground level club house. If only I could build one.

6. Wardrobe.
Sew Farah a wardrobe. I think this would be so sweet. She would look hot, it would be creative, and I would have a great model to inspire me.

5. A Teacher Book.
Write a book about the woes of being a teacher for teachers. Pure and simple: This would be insightful and fun to write.

4. Triathlon.

Run in a Triathlon. This is something I think would be nice to earn a ribbon for, but I'll probably never do it. I hate running more than any other exercise I have yet to meet. Soon Bob will probably introduce me to some horrible exercise I will rank above it, but still, for now running is the pits.

3. Novel.
Write a children's novel. Everyone knows I want to do this one, but I doubt my work to be worthy of finishing. Hum. Maybe I should just do it.

2. Movie Review.

Write a weekly article for a magazine or newspaper. This would be best if I could review movies. It would help reduce my expenses due to my movie addiction and I would love the push to write something interesting and relevant for the masses (And no, this blog doesn't count, here I can write junk and no one complains--except Parker).

1. Creative Beings.
Host a Creative-Thinking Seminar at Church. I think this would be awesome and inspiring. I would love to help others recognize the creativity they have been given. Wouldn't it be cool to focus our talents and creativity to minister? I think it would be.

Well, if I only had a brain I would do just that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very much in favor of sewing me a wardrobe. Very romantic....
Fauf

Morgan Jane said...

I like all these, but especially planting trees, designing Fauf a wardrobe, and the creativity seminar. I'm all about helping make that last one a reality. (Oh, and you can borrow my sewing machine if you want to make the wardrobe a reality.)