Saturday, April 25, 2009

Let's Do Lunch.

Consider this tomorrow's post.

Here is a list of people I would like to have lunch with, just to find out who they really are and have a few laughs--plus pass the bill off to them.

10. Brian Singer and Chris Nolan.


I like these guys' takes on movies and I'd love to sit down with them and discover their processes. The two of them together strike me as major restaurant chain guys--Olive Garden or a Mimi's Cafe would probably suffice.

9. Harry Wong.

I mainly added this guy to the list because it is kind of ridiculous to include him on the list. But I was thinking of people who would be passionate about teaching and he was one of the first to make the list. He is not a teacher, but one who "Inspires Young People". Oh yah, he has lots of those types of teacher terms, but at any rate I think we would have a great time talking shop. And we'd probably do so in the Staff Lounge.

8. Ann Coulter.

Wow, can you believe I included her? This woman has, as Farah puts it, a strong POV. She probably is more mild mannered behind the scenes or I bet she wouldn't be on all the shows as much. Nevertheless, I think she is a fascinating person--now me agreeing with her is a different story. She'd definitely want to eat somewhere where they served steak. I'm guessing an American Bistro would be in order for this luncheon.

7. Trainer Bob.

Right now that man just cracks me up. Every time I work out to his DVD I laugh and "burn" along side of him. I bet he has an interesting story to tell, if anything I would probably eat something healthy for once--my guess is he would pick Natural Cafe or would make me cook at home to "teach me the value of creating healthy meals." Oh, that Bob.

6. Joan Rivers.

I just watched 4 hours of Apprentice and I have to say that woman is a riot. She would be a hoot and a half... And she's 76! She'd probably want to meet in some amazing 5 star restaurant in New York-- Appetizers, salads, entrees, and dessert! Love it!

5. The Queen of England.

I mean, this woman has seen a lot of stuff in her life. She is pretty much a remarkable person, though I hope I wouldn't be too nervous about my manors. I think she'd want to meet in the palace where we'd be waited on like royalty---well one of us in the room would be.

4. Meryl Streep.

I would love to talk to her about her movie role and what she does to get into the role. I'd also ask her about the whole Oscar process, I know there is some political priming that goes on there. So, how does she do it? She'd probably like to meet somewhere back east, Connecticut or Maine, where we'd eat in a small restaurant where people know her and don't freak out.

3. Billy Graham.

This guy is an icon for the faith. I wonder what his take on this generation is, the future of our country, and what advice he would pass along to me about living the life would be. He's an amazing person and would probably meet me in some diner off the side of the highway, probably Pappy's.

2. Mr. Rogers.

Yes, I know he is no longer with us, but what an icon of greatness. If there is one modern guy who can teach us to care about our neighbor it's Mr. Rogers. I would love to sit in that TV Living Room of his with a TV Tray and chat about the goodness and warmth we can inspire in this world. Ahh, what a great guy. Someday I too may wear the cardigans of the great Rogers...

1. You.

Yes, I would love to have lunch with you, my faithful readers, friends, and family. So give me a jingle and we'll do lunch, your choice where we go!

Eat up, me hearties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you not only chose the people you'd like to have lunch with, but also the place where you'd have lunch with them!
Also, that's a weird photo of Trainer Bob. He looks a little bit askew.
So, hey...you, your lady, Parker, and his? Maybe? Just saying.

~Parker's lady